Friday, January 4, 2019

UPDATE ON "WAITING FOR THE RIGHT PROJECT"

It's Finished!  Actually, I finished it months ago... but a lot transpired between then and now.  I am extremely happy with the outcome, the tutorial was amazing and made the entire project so much easier.  I know I will make a few more.  Here is a picture of the finished result:

It is really big and fits so much stuff



I really love finishing projects.  As Angela Walters says, "Finished is better than Perfect."  Of course I made a few mistakes... well, design changes.  I would have to say that the only thing I am not really happy about is my binding abilities, but honestly, if anyone wants to look that closely, have at it!  

After finishing this project I began working furiously on the items I made for my wedding guests.  Oh, did I mention I got married in June?  Well, it was an epic time in New Orleans.   A lovely June wedding ceremony on the front porch of the Sully Mansion and a late supper at Muriels at Jackson Square.  Just family and a few close friends.  I highly recommend eloping in NOLA with a few loved ones by your side.  The atmosphere is festive, the food amazing and there is no better party on earth than in NOLA!  The Dirty Martinis are pretty amazing too!

Here are some pictures of the welcome totes I made for my guests:



I used an applique embroidery pattern from Designs by JuJu and the totes are a basic pattern.  In fact, I didn't use a pattern... just winged it.  

In the coming weeks I have several posts coming.  I'll be talking about Thread, Free Motion Quilting, Inspiration for quilting and sharing about a lovely retreat I attended in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee.  Until then, keep calm and sew on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

QUICK AND HELPFUL READS and MORE ONLINE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES FOR SEWISTS, QUILTERS AND FABRIC CRAFTERS

Hello fabric Divas and Divos!  I just finished reading a wonderful article on how Tension affects the outcome of a stitch and thought to mys...